Erica

Erica

Monday, February 22, 2010

Diaper cakes


I made these diaper cakes for the centerpieces at a baby shower. I think they are adorable. I got several different sizes of diapers and white ribbon. The most tedious part is rolling the diapers and tying them with the ribbon. After you have all your diapers individually rolled your ready to start making the layers. In order to keep all the diapers in a nice circle I found that using XXL rubber bands and hair ties worked great as an extra hand. I just kept feeding the diapers into the rubber bands until I got the desired size. Then used the ribbon to tie them all together. Remove the rubber bands and then your ready to add some super cute ribbon. I used fabric pins to adhere the ribbons to the diapers because I couldn't think of anything else that wouldn't damage the diapers. Although, I am sure there has to be something safer out there. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment